Saturday 30 April 2011

I don't feel so good...

Every parent's worst nightmare..."Mommy, I don't feel so good".
Say it with me now...what comes next?!.....BARRRFFF. Hurl. Ralph. Vomit. 


Luckily, my children are well trained and, more often than not, they usual throw up in the toilet or if I'm lucky...outside.  Tonight I was extra lucky!  Not only did my daughter manage to throw up outside she also did it on someone else's property! (No clean up for me!) A quick outfit change and she was good to go. 


Or so I thought...


She went upstairs, got changed, grabbed a blanket and fell asleep on the floor in the living room. 
(See...well trained, no sleeping on furniture when there's a chance of vomit!)
Now, any parent knows when your child falls asleep (without being told) that something is up.  Or about to come up!


Not so tonight.  Twenty minutes later she was up and ready to go!  Jen and I wanted Jamaican food so we packed her up with a bucket and a blanket and off we went to the restaurant for takeout. She decided she just wasn't that hungry so she hung out in the car while we went in to order.  (OMG, don't judge me...I could see her the entire time)


We get home with our jerk chicken, curried chicken rotis, Jamaican patties, and lets not forget...the curried goat. (yep...)  I got the goat for my son because one of my parenting goals is to make him eat weird foods so I can laugh at his reactions.


Food is like miracle medicine for my daughter so, of course, by now she's starving.  She was eating full meals the same day she got her tonsils out. Don't mess with her when it comes to food!  She's eight, and eats full meals from the adult menus.


I figure I should probably steer clear of the curry...so I give her some rice, and half the patty.  She insists I give her the roti, and just chugs some water as she eats.   She eats, and eats some more, and just when she thinks she's full she spots the container of "meat" on the counter that she hasn't tried yet.  She asks...and she shall receive. 
Jen and I had a great giggle while she ate it.  Like when you give someone a sour candy and wait for the face to pucker! But it turns out that Grace likes goat. (BORING!!)


So less than two hours after the vomit began, she'd eaten curry, more curry, even more curry....and goat. 


As I type, she's sleeping, quite soundly, next to me. (OMG, don't judge...we just finished watching a movie in my bed)


All I know is that if I wake up tonight with chucks of goat-y puke in my hair I'm gonna be pissed....but it will be all my fault!

1 comment: