Tuesday 26 April 2011

W4D2 - Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Well, lordy lordy...guess who tried partner-yoga tonight!!  I don't even know if that's really what it's called but it sounded good to me so I'm stickin' with it!

At first I was like..."She said we're going to do what?!!" I don't wanna touch people, or have people touch me.  We sweat like Lindsay Lohan on a court date.  It's icky...

We started off simple...Say hello to your neighbor. Then...pick a neighbor...

First pose...OMG, who do I pick?? I hate having to ask someone, yet you never want to be the last one without a partner!  I look around with sheer panic and thankfully the teacher sent me in the direction of another member who needs a partner. It's a girl (good!) and we aren't sweating yet (better!) so this one is easy! It's back-to-back, trying to sync our breathing. Super relaxed, super awesome. 

Second pose...Woo hoo!! Melissa! Someone I know....yeah, yeah I know this is "cheating", it's supposed to be new people (for our challenge)....but we're getting a little sweaty now and I don't want to sweat all over a stranger. Somehow I feel much better knowing I'm sweating all over a friend! LOL  I dunno...keep your yoga community close, but your sweaty yoga friends closer!? We do tree pose, side by side, and afterwards I feel like she should really take me out to dinner first before she put the moves on me like that.  Hell, at least buy me a beer!! 

Third pose...ok, by this point I'm ready to die which is pretty much a guarantee when Emilie - The "let go of any expectations" yoga teacher is involved! Because of the lack of oxygen going to my brain, I can't remember which pose came next?  I think the butt-to-butt "something-or-other" side bend. All I know is my ass was quivering like a baby who just lost his soother and I'm sure I gave my new partner a nice bum massage because of it!  I don't know what it is with my butt, but when I'm not supposed to squeeze it that's all I do.  I spend the whole pose willing myself to just "let your ass go Wendy....Let it GO!"    NOooo...the whole time, it's like shake, shake, shaking away.

Fourth pose...new partner again. OMG, if we were any sweatier there would be a small flood in the yoga room.  This time tree pose, looking at each other, one doing prayer, the other putting their hands over the partner's hands.  Well, let me tell you right now....I'm not in denial...I could use a few weeks (YEARS!) of therapy.  I do NOT do well with eye contact.  The kind of eye contact where you both know you are making an attempt to look the other in the eye.  I don't know why it's so hard, I just know I can't do it.   I have a hard time making eye contact with my hubby when we...ya know...and we've been together for 13 years!!  Just look me in the forehead...I'm totally fine with that.

I really, really earned my sticker tonight!  Thanks to our LYM Challenge, I can definitely say I'm MUCH closer to my fellow yogis...

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day
Since we're together we might as well say
Would you be mine, could you be mine
Won't you be my neighbor

2 comments:

  1. Third pose was powerful pose...bum to bum!! Here I was trying not to lean too much into the young man who I was paired with for this one! lol!

    Fourth pose was the side triangle bum to bum on EACH side!

    Fifth pose was tree facing each other...and how in the hell are you supposed to keep concentration, stare a stranger in the face and not giggle?!? LOL!

    I have to say, partner yoga was mighty fun! There was no silence in that room tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO "...just look me in the forehead...I'm totally fine with that." Laughing out loud at work as i read it! bahahahahahah
    Shona

    ReplyDelete