Sunday 10 April 2011

W1 DONE!

Week 1 -- Mission (mostly) Accomplished.

5 days of vegetarianism (all day)
2 day of complete failure

Turns out inviting your mother and her best friend over on the same weekend you are supposed to be challenging yourself is not a good idea.  I won't go into the dirty details but lets just say it involves Greek food, Starbucks and birthday cake! 

I also missed my usual weekend yoga classes...but I did challenge myself by spending an hour showing and teaching my mother some moves! This quickly turned into a laugh-fest and the realization that my mother is never allowed in a public yoga class (....She's "the girl who farted"...WAY TOO MANY TIMES)

Overall, I think I had a pretty good week. The kids survived the meatless dinners and actually enjoyed a few more than I expected.  They got involved and took the challenge with me! We bonded over how disgusting coconut milk but we also agreed we will try again with almond milk.  It was a great week, and I'm more than sure that this vegetarian challenge will filter into our daily lives.  Plus, all of this while being sick most of the week!  At first I thought my exercise allergy was back but then I figure it out, I'm allergic to my new coworkers instead (can you say BORING?!....OMG, you have no idea!) 

Next week's challenge --- Practice Positive Self-Talk AKA the one time it's going to be OK to actually speak about the voices in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment