Tuesday 12 April 2011

W2D2 -- Too Sexy for your Party!

I love music, and it often plays out in my head like an episode of Glee.  I put music to my day, my memories, my life.  Sooo it only fits that for this week's challenge my song that keeps playing in my head is "I'm Too Sexy"...ya know the one...

I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I do my little turn on the catwalk


I don't beat myself up so much on a daily basis as I do for certain events in my life (ugh...save those for week of forgiveness!!).

I'm the type of girl that can roll in to work with my hair barely brushed and not a lick of makeup on and still feel like I'm rocking it. I love sleep way too much to get up any earlier than necessary. I'm comfortable (enough) in my skin to not worry about it.

Now, don't get me wrong. I can find LOADS of things wrong with myself and I've spent my fair share of time in front of a mirror wishing I could change one thing or another.  Can you say stretch marks the size of Grand Canyon??

My negative thoughts on a typical day are more about other people (ya know the ones...the ones you want to punch in the face!)
There's the perfect ones, the fake ones, the annoying ones, the too perky ones, the too cranky ones, the dull ones, the one-uppers (I broke my toe, you broke your foot ones), the weird ones, the smothering ones....the list goes on and on and on.

I think most of us, at least the honest ones, have those thoughts on a daily basis. OMG, I can't stand her!! He is soooo frigging annoying!  What the hell is wrong with her??!

I did it tonight at yoga class.  A nameless distraction that was ANNOYING!!!!!!  It was only because of this challenge that I smiled and accepted that this was going to be part of my life for 75 mins. Typically, I would be so pissed off.

This week is about acceptance.  I accept that my stretch marks will never go away. I accept that I will never be the same size I was in high school, I accept the annoying distractions and I accept that I'm so sexy it hurts...

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.”

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA! I love this! You and your punching in the face!! And oh one-uppers are one of my biggest peeves! *breathe, calm, serenity now*

    Thank you for also giving me my mantra song for the week ;)

    ReplyDelete