Tuesday 5 April 2011

W1D2

Day two with no meat, no junkfood, no (added) sugar....unless you count the eye candy at work that I did nasty things to with my thoughts.  Three words...strong, military men!!!  I love my job...something about a man in unifor...wait, this is the wrong diary for that!

Back to LYM challenge. 

Today's food:
Breakfast - Soy Crunch...MUCH better than the crappy cheerios with no flavor (I.E. no added sugar!!)
Snack - veggies (carrots, celery and broccoli)
Lunch - My 2nd attempt at my VEGAN soup!! YIPPEE...I'm not a spazz today and manage to walk all the way from my car to my desk without dropping anything!  So soup and a yogurt.
Supper - Thats to my yoga buddy, Stephanie, I looked up a Latke recipe and made those. Yummmmmy!  I think she does sweet potato & pear, mine were just regular ol' white potatoes but still yuuummmmmyyyy!   So those, and a side salad.

Yoga: Day two of yoga classes with the always charming Estelle.  Technically, tonight was my 6th consecutive class so I will be taking a break tomorrow night to take the kids to see HOP!  I was super excited until I realized this will be the first time EVER that I don't get pop at the theatre..no sugar is no fun :-(   But I will still be enjoying my super greasy, super delicious popcorn (and for sure...i KNOW there's no meat in that either!)

Random side track of the day --- A conversation with my daughter:
Grace: Hobos have much more food to choose from in the springtime.
Wendy: Uh, ok...why is that?
Grace: Well all the green leaves and lettuce and stuff grows in the springtime.
Wendy: Yes, but hobos don't generally have access to gardens.  A lot of homeless people have to eat whatever they can find, they don't get to be picky.
(Jeremy: Yeah Grace, and besides...lettuce doesn't grow on trees!)
Wendy: What made you think of hobos?
Grace: I don't know, just looking at the lettuce made me think of them.
Wendy: Oh, ok...well...grab the salad dressing!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to post the sweet potato & pears latkes to the LYM FB group! I LOVE LATKES!! lol!

    ReplyDelete