Friday 13 May 2011

W6D4 -- One of Those Days...

Like my FB page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pigeon-Pose-Emotions/230206560392271

**Written last night, but the site was down, so its really Thursday I was talking about, not today!!***

It started last night with a frantic phone call from my hubby’s friend. He NEEDED Metallica tickets, and he NEEDED them right away. He would be working at noon when the tickets went on sale so my hubby reminded him that I work for the Federal Government so I’m on the internet all the time. *TRUE ENOUGH, I won't argue...*

I agreed to buy him his tickets at noon, even though I am a concert guru and KNEW the tickets would not sell out. Outdoor concerts don’t “sell out”, especially not on the first day. Anyway, who am I to argue with a true-blue Metallica fan?!

Around 10 am, I can feel my purse start to vibrate. No, no, no….get your mind outta the gutter! It’s my BB and it’s beeping like crazy. I wait til break and check it….two missed calls from the school. NEVER a good thing! In the 6 years I’ve had kids in school I’ve come to learn its usually because one of them is sick or hurt or both! But I’ve also learned that 9 out of 10 times they aren’t really that sick. Just not feeling good. I don’t play nice Mommy when they are just “not feeling good”. You have to be throwing up or bleed before the sympathy card kicks in. So, because I am just that awesome of a mom, I told the secretary I’d be there when I could and went back to my course! I know the game, I’d go get her, she’d be fine by lunch, and I’d be stuck repeating this crappy course in a month’s time.

It’s almost lunch time, and I’m being bombarded by my husband, his friend, and the school again. The secretary tells me Grace is now asleep in the corner of her classroom and she thinks she really is sick. “Sick--Sick” and the teacher agrees. They both know Grace’s “games” so when they say she’s really sick I believe them. I talked with the instructor and she makes arrangements for me to come back tomorrow (on my day off!) to write the test. So I haul ass out the gates, up the hill and to my car. By now, not only are hubby and friend texting me, but friend is also calling me. I’m rushing to get over the bridge so I can park and login to buy the tickets. (Grace can wait a few more minutes…) I pull over, get to the website, and the damn site is down. I’m still getting messages from hubby and friend, and now they are annoying the hell out of me!! I keep hitting ignore so I don’t lose my page, and keep hitting refresh so I can hopefully get somewhere. Nope, not happening! So I give up, the boys will wait.

I get to the school, rush in like the caring mother that I am, and look for Grace. The secretary tells me that Grace woke up, and didn’t want to stay in the school by herself while everyone went out for recess so she went outside with them. I yell OMG…I’ll shoot her if she’s faking!!! The secretary, teacher, and TA are all insisting , for certain that she’s really sick. OK…I head outside to find her. I look on the benches because that’s where a sick child would logically hang out. Not there. I check the steps. Not there. We start asking who’s seen her, and a few kids say over by the playground. Now, I know my sick child would NOT be playing on the playground would she!? Never! Not my child!!

WRONG! There she is hanging on the monkey bars.
@#$%Y^&%&^&@@#……….FFRRRIGGIN child! She sees me and comes running, with a big smile on her face. Apparently her little nap made her feel “much better Mommy” and she didn’t bother to tell any of the teachers. I give her the “if I go back to work, I’m NOT coming back to get you” speech and she agrees she’ll stay.

Crap…the tickets!!

I run home and grab the laptop…site’s still down.

I have two options:
1. Lie and tell the boys that I got the tickets and then get them tomorrow.
OR
2. Go to the NEEDS, and buy them directly.

Hmmm…I have 20 mins left to get back to work to write the test. Can I do it?! I better get a thank you for this! I drive to the store. Hmmm, no lineups?! So weird right? It’s like people know that this isn’t going to SELL OUT! I rush in, there’s only two people ahead of me. I wait my turn, and then realize…friend gave me his credit card number to pay for all the tickets…but I can’t just be rhyming off numbers to the clerk. UH OH! I run back out to the car, grab my visa, and get back in line. $1400 later…I have 12 Metallica tickets in hand and two very happy guys in my life. I even got an “I love You”…and it wasn‘t from my husband!

Now I have 10 mins to get across the bridge, through the gate and back to the classroom to write the test. DRIVE!!!!!!!!!
I managed to do it in 15 minutes. Not too shabby…I write the test, 55 minutes later I’m back in the car and on my way home again. PHEW!!
No sick kid, tickets to Metallica, and I finished the test, oh and I’m off tomorrow.
Not too bad afterall….

No comments:

Post a Comment