Wednesday 4 May 2011

W5D3 -- Are you talkin' to me?!

Like my FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pigeon-Pose-Emotions/230206560392271

So just like I'm sure Taylor was talking directly to me about my clenched ass, I'm pretty sure tonight's pick-me-up from Estelle was also only for me!! .

I love, love, love being taught by Estelle. Her french, soft voice is soothing, and reminds me of, ok...don't laugh, cause I am weird, and have weird thoughts...but when Estelle talks it makes me think that's how it would sound if you were being read a story by a princess (the Disney kind, not the England kind).  I don't know why...like I said I am weird...

I went to class tonight all whiney and sookie...like a toddler having a tantrum. I wasn't even going to go because I was tired, and bitchy, and I just felt like sitting home eating cookies all night.  (Can you say PMS?!) But thanks to my very frustrating husband, who pissed me off tonight, I dragged/drug/?! my ass to yoga to release some stress. Isn't it funny how a guy can be 3000kms away from you but still find away to ANNOY you!!  But, sweet baby bunnies, that's an entirely other blog!
(xoxo to Todd, by the time you read this I'm sure I'll like you again)

I'm all chilled out and ready to lay in Savasana when she starts talking about not letting the little things get you down. Appreciate what you have and focus on the good, not the bad.  Those aren't her exact words, but that's what I took from it.

She talks about that, and then she finishes with a quote about change and not holding back. WELLL FRIG...PMS + Estelle's voice + soft music ='s Wendy bawling in the corner of the yoga room.  One of those lip quivering cries which thank god I kept quiet. Thanks to the overwhelming feelings I get when I do Pigeon, I've learned to cry without noise in yoga class! LOL 

As usual, I always seem to leave yoga in a much better mood than when I arrived (tonight included!).  But tonight was extra special for me. Not only did I get some very nice words of encouragement from Estelle from my last post but I'm also pretty sure she was talking directly to ME tonight and only me....so shhhh...don't tell the others ;-)

Thank you Estelle!

5 comments:

  1. Wendy, too funny. I thought the exact same thing about Estelle's quote. :) It ended my day on a much better note.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here I was thinking I was the only person who needed to cry during class sometimes! Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEndy, got a lump in my throat now... thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have had the pleasure of one yoga class with Estelle, in my role as a visiting more ancient aunt, and I can attest that she is gifted and we love her. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, so true! Glasd it made your day(s) better :-) See ya in class.
    Shona

    ReplyDelete