Monday 27 June 2011

Monday Morning

It’s Monday morning, 8:15am, and as I type this I’m supposed to be working on a presentation for my boss.  I have to take an 83 page word document and make a slideshow for her.  BUT…it can’t be too wordy, the pages can’t be too full, she wants it to be like 25 pages long.  Apparently I’m supposed to also read her mind because she just said “leave in the important stuff”…well as far as I’m concerned it’s ALL important or it wouldn’t be in the presentation?!  Right?  Maybe?! I dunno, it’s Monday morning…I’m just thinking that if out of 83 pages only 25 or so are important than the presentation must suck!

Oh, did I mention that due to my very well tuned procrastination skills that I now have 1.5 days to get it completed!  She gave me a month to do five of these. Well the first four were easy enough, only 25 or so pages long to begin with so I flew through them. I was done those a week and a half ago. Then I opened this bad boy and realized how friggin big it is so I closed it.  I opened it again the next day, stared at it for a few minutes, and then closed it again. Then I opened it, saved it to my desktop, and closed it again.
So far I’ve opened and closed it twice already this morning!  I sort of started and then deleted everything and started again.  

I’m also in vacation-mode. NYC is 5 more sleeps!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
(PS.  To any burglars who read this and think they can break in to my house….I have three very large (VICIOUS) attack dogs, just waiting…and I haven’t fed them in weeks! And angry snakes, and rabid wolves in the basement)

So, I’m in la-la-land…planning, dreaming, planning, making lists, dreaming some more.  I’m pretty convinced I’ll run into at least one celebrity, but I’ll be way too shy to say anything (seriously!, I know it doesn’t make much sense but it’s true) so I’ve been planning conversations in my head.  Like what I’d say if I saw Regis Philbin, or what I would say if I ran into Lady Gaga.  “Oh, hi Ms. Gaga, how lovely to see you, is that condoms and spikes on your dress?”…I think I have to keep working on that!!  

Back to my PowerPoint…who wants to do it for me??  Come on?! Anyone??????
I’ll pay you… (In love and appreciation!)

Fine…never mind, I guess I’ll do it myself.  
Hi-ho, hi-ho, off to work I...oh, look….new updates on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment