Monday 20 June 2011

hec·tic

Also known as frantic, frenzied, wild, chaotic.

I have so much to do and I'm sure not where to start so what do I do?  Watch TV.

In the next two weeks, I have my daughter's birthday party, my son's grade 6 graduation, family pictures, our anniversary, I have to pack for the kids' trip to PEI, and I have to pack for our trip to NYC.  Now, none of this is any hard task on it's own, but when I pile it all on top of my overwhelming loads of laundry, and sink full of dirty dishes I sorta freak out.  And what happens when I freak out?? I watch TV.

In the mix of all of this, I forgot about my daughter's party so I scrambled on the weekend to get invitations and party supplies.  I ordered the cake today.  We're having the party on Thursday night. Seems weird for a 9 year old but it's literally the only decent amount of time I can do it, and I don't want her to be rushed. (Plus there's no good TV on Thursdays this time of year!)

The kids go to PEI with my mama for the summer.  I guess I shouldn't give her full credit, they also spend time with my grandparents and Todd's parents too. This year is the first year since the d.i.v.o.r.c.e....so it should be an interesting one.  I think the kids are both waiting for Grampy to show up for supper but I get the feeling that isn't going to happen this year!!  So anyway, they go for about 8 weeks.  It's very tricky trying to pack for two kids that are going to live in a not-so-big camper for the summer.  Can't send too much stuff or my mother freaks out...don't send enough and my mother freak out!! LOL.  I hate bringing half-empty (half-full!!) bottles of shampoo, toothpaste, etc. So I end up going out and buying all new stuff to pack.  Then there's the tylenol, and bug spray, and suntan lotion too.  Of course, they can't agree on the same toys to take so there's a kitbag each of stuff they won't touch except for maybe rainy days.  Plus there's bikes and helmets and skateboards and scooters!!

Then there's our trip to NYC.  OMG!!! SQUEAAL!!!!! Ok, I need a minute........
This is quite possibly the biggest thing on my bucket list.  The buildings, the sights, the sounds, the chaos....I just can't wait to soak it all up.  Did I mention purses?! It's our 10 year anniversary and this will be our first "real" honeymoon.  Our first was a love-fest in Charlottetown PEI for two days and we could hardly afford breakfasts!!   So this is going to be the big one! FIREWORKS...and not just in our hotel room cause we'll be there for the 4th of July too!

So as I type this, lists run through my head.  I need to pack this and that, and ooh, don't forget about the extra blankets for the kids, and make sure you remember your strapless bra.  Contacts, solution, sunglasses, razor, sandals, sneakers, passports....crap don't forget the PASSPORTS!!!  I haven't even been to yoga in a week because I can't focus on anything else but my to-do lists.

I really should be writing this down, but I can't right now....I'm already an hour behind on The Bachelorette and I need to catch up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment