Wednesday 1 February 2012

Under-Bum

Like my Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pigeon-Pose-Emotions/230206560392271

My yoga studio has started offering more "Flow" classes.  No, not Aunt Flo, but a kick-your-ass cardio filled yoga class. At least for me anyway!! If I make it through the 75 minute class without dying I consider it a victory.  For the first five minutes I'm good, the next 25 I feel like I'm going to vomit, the next 15 I'm SURE I'm going to vomit....then I sort of teeter between absolute certainty that death is near or that I am at the very least going to faint. My arms shake, I want to cry (SHOCKER!), and my bum quivers like a baby without it's Mommy.

I usually avoid these types of classes as it's bad for my ego. Yeah sure, yoga's not about how good you are...but when you are down in child's pose for most of the class it's mentally defeating.  But, in my desire for less fat...I've been going to the flow classes on purpose. Yikes!

Sunday's class, with the glorious Estelle, was a killer!!  It was definitely a challenge, but I managed to stick it out without dying.  I felt good!! That's the best part of yoga is the euphoric feeling you get for the rest of the night. 

Until the next morning comes and you can hardly move.  Weird muscles hurt. Muscles I don't know are screaming at me.  "Yo, Wendy...this is your under-bum muscles....SUCKER!! How do you like me now?!"  It's not my gluts...but the muscles right where the thigh meets the bum...the under-bum muscles?!  I don't know...I'm not a doctor.

So there's my under-bum muscles, and the back-of-my-arm muscles, and what skinny-bitches call "abs".  All of them are killing me and then I have to climb two flights of stairs to get to my office and all those muscles are LOL'ing at me as I maneuver up the stairs like a stick man. 

Monday was a complete right off.  Tuesday we had "date-night".  Tonight I was feeling back to normal so I gave it another go.  I'm back in high-on-life state of mind and hoping tomorrow my under-bum cuts me some slack....or I may be working from my car. 


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pigeon-Pose-Emotions/230206560392271

No comments:

Post a Comment