Saturday 4 February 2012

Six Kids and Counting...

Like my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pigeon-Pose-Emotions/230206560392271

How do the Duggars do it??! 

I've had six children (two are mine) in my house since Friday afternoon and I am exhausted!!  14, 13, 12, 10, 9 and 9.  Oh...and 37, but he worked all day.

The dishwasher is now on it's fourth load.  The fridge is empty. No milk, no bread, no juice, no snack foods left.  All my blankets are out and either on the floor or made into a fort of some kind. 

I made Tacos last night for supper and literally used a cookie sheet for the cheese/lettuce/tomatos/peppers.  We went thru 24 tacos, and a package of fajitas. Then there was the evening snack which demolished a full loaf of bread.

They cleaned off two boxes of cereal and another loaf of bread for breakfast.  Lunch was three boxes of KD and a half a package of chicken fingers.  Supper was the rest of the chicken fingers and spaghetti.  In between all of this, two full sleeves of Saltine crackers are gone, four bags of popcorn have been popped, and a 2 litre bottle of Seven-Up disappeared.

This is only six kids.  Don't the Duggars have like 22 or something?  I can't imagine their grocery bill.  I hope they have their own cows and chickens....cause it's got to be expensive!

On top of the food, there is just no possible way to keep up with them.  In the house, out of the house, drive us here, pick us up there. My house smells like feet, there's crumbs everywhere, and no matter which room I go into....there's a friggin' child.

There was a wrestling episode which resulted in a wide range of injuries....a sore back, a bump to the head, a sore chest, a scratch on a neck....thankfully it wasn't all to one child!  No blood, only one crying outburst, and I'm pretty sure they got at least 8hrs of sleep. (All I know is I got 11 hrs! WOO HOOO!)

Is this what it's like everyday to have this many kids?!  My grandparents have five children, and I've heard the horror stories. 

I managed to clean up back to MY standards tonight...minus mopping the floor, because, let's face it...that would be a complete waste of time until at least two more kids leave.  They are settled down in the living room with me.  One is on his phone, one is watching a movie on another kid's phone and the other two are watching TV.   The lights are off, and there hasn't been a fight in about two hours.

Nobody make any sudden moves....


No comments:

Post a Comment