Tuesday 1 May 2012

Week 1 - Day 1 2012 Forget it...

Week 1 - Be Healthy...no processed foods or toxins.
Supersized challenge....7 days of yoga practice

Ok, so I'm not completely defeated, but I just read what processed foods actually are, and now I'm wondering what the hell I'm going to eat all week? A girl, with an obsession for carbs, can only eat so many leaves and twigs before she collapses. And please don't suggest kale........*GAG*.

I know processed means boxed/packaged/canned etc.  But OJ and BACON??  Those are my two favorite things EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, I knew bacon was going to be off limits, but it still doesn't cut down my sadness.  Milk is processed, and I'm guessing so are the cookies that go with it. And carbs....white bread is out (totally fine), but pasta?  I get that it's in a box....but :-(   I'll miss you spaghetti....RIP....until next Tuesday.

So I'm flashing back to last year when I freaked out about vegetarian/vegan meals....
Is There Steak in My Crackers?

All I can hear is Estelle telling me to think grey, not black and white.  So I'm giving my self the approval to do my best and not stress out.  This morning I had a shake made with almond milk and frozen (but fresh, cause I just froze them yesterday) bananas.  Not too shabby...almond milk is processed, but I just had no energy to milk fresh almonds this morning.

Lunch, well.....OK, FINE, whatever.....I went to Wendy's....bite me.  BUT, and this is a big BUT....instead of getting the triple bacon cheeseburger (I love bacon...) all I got was a salad, used just enough dressing to add a bit of taste, and only hate a few croutons (seriously, not lying here).  So I know the croutons are obviously processed, but I made the effort...so half points for today's challenge.

Now I just realized that all condiments are probably out too??   Whatever....I'll deal.

I did go to yoga, so bonus for hitting day 1 of the supersized challenge.  I'm also giving extra bonus cause I feel like I'm about to get hit by a truck...which is more than likely the flu my son had all weekend.  Seriously?  I feed him, provide a room, he gets allowance, I drive him where ever he wants....why can't he just back right off on the germ factory he's become? I thought it got easier to control sickness the other they got?

So I feel like crap. I'm overdosing on tylenol cold & flu (also processed I'm sure)....but I made myself go!!

Supper is being cooked by my hubby tonight (sometimes being sick has advantages!).....steak (right from the butcher), potatoes, and fresh carrots.  I won't use butter...fine, we ran out of butter last night, so I have no choice.  Blogging makes me too honest...I will eat the crappy, dry, tasteless potatoes OKAY?!?!

Overall, a decent first day...if I manage to drag my ass out of bed tomorrow I'll try, try again!

Random thought of the day: Never wear lace undies to hot yoga...ouch!

Come join my FB page:
Pigeon Pose Emotions

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about this weeks challenge. Thought it would be easy...then I read an aritcle about what processed is...crap. So here's my goals for the week, no processed crappy meat, no processed salad dressing, I'm going ot make my own and since I eat a lot of salads that a big deal for me. I eat for the most part really well I think. I thought about giving up my coffee cause its processed but that aint gonna happen! So baby steps. And I need some cleaners this week when I get groceries so I'll buy the "green" ones, I've switched some over already but not all. I made a home made soup in my slow cooker yesteday which is delisious so that'll get me through todays meals. had oatmeal for breakfast with honey and cinamon which is a normal brekafast for me anyway...we bought a "slab" of meat and cut it ourselves just last week so that counts...I'm going to by fresh fish instead of farmed too. That seems like a decent amount of commitments to me! What's next weeks challenge again...I'm going to have to plan this shit out!
    <3
    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and although I didn't go to the studio last night I did do yoga at home. so check for that. :-)

    Shona

    ReplyDelete