Friday 4 May 2012

Week 1 - Day 4 - Human Nature

Like my Facebook page!!  Pigeon Pose Emotions

Still sick. Blah.  Week 1 has been a flop so far.  I haven't done anything but sleep, work, sleep. The only reason I've even went to work this week is because I started a new job and didn't want to be "that girl".......though now I'm "the sick one", so whatever. 

Tuesday night, I collapsed into bed for the night.  Wednesday morning I managed to get my ass to work but only managed to stay until about 10am.  Wednesday's meals consisted of fruit and water....and drugs.  Thursday I went to work, breakfast was fruit, lunch was a turkey sandwich (made fresh at a bakery!!  Whole grain bread too! WOOT!)....and a pickle.  Thursday night was more sleepy time...and more drugs.  This morning I slept in (how I don't know?!)....apparently 10 straight hours of sleep is still not enough.  So I didn't eat breakfast. Luckily, I managed to convince hubby to bring me breakfast at work.  He brought me yogurt (processed?!)  and a 12 grain bagel.  Normally I would have cream cheese, lots and lots of cream cheese...but I chose butter instead.  I know butter is probably no better, but it seems better so I went with it.  Lunch was fruit.  I'm friggin starving.....lol

Trust me, it's not intentional! My throat is just so sore that it's all I could handle.  Ever have that itchy, gross feeling in the back of your throat and think to yourself, "If only I could scratch it?"....then you shove a spoon handle towards your tonsils....scratch, scratch....GAG!!  But, OMG, it's feels soooooo good.  So that's what I do...scratch, scratch, gag, scratch, scratch, gag.  I'm no doctor, but so far it seems way better than a body full of antibiotics (processed??).

Needless to say there's also been no yoga.  :-(  Though, I have spent a freakish amount of time flat on my back aka Savasana...sooooo......I sort of practiced? 

So far......week 1....mostly an epic fail.

I was actually looking forward to coming home tonight, over-medicating, and sleeping my crappy week away....maybe I'd wake up tomorrow and be fine, and could actually go get some groceries and go to YOGA!!  Then I remembered that I qualified for a trip for 2 to see MADONNA in Toronto, and the draw is tonight....you have to be there to win.  I literally sang...on the radio...to get qualified.  Those who know me, know I love my music...but know that I also cannot carry a note to save my life.

Never in my life have I been so tempted to just assume I won't win anyway, and skip the party. I just want to sleep. I just want to take more pills.  I just want to wake up and not feel like death. I hardly ever win anything, and would never win something as wicked as that anyway. Plus the overwhelming dilemma of having to pick my +1 to take to TO with me....I'm sure it would end up in massive fights between all my friends trying to vie for the #1 best friend spot. That would probably mean them taking me out for dinner, or buying me presents, or even more likely...paying my bills....all just to prove they are the one that deserves the trip to MADONNA!!!!!  See my dilemma?? I would be better off to just stay home and not take the chance of winning it in the first place.

But come on........it's FRICKIN MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So Papa Don't Preach...I'm counting my...Lucky Star...that I'll...Live to Tell...and be able to...Justify My Love...for Madonna!  So please say something that sounds...Like A Prayer...and...Open Your Heart...to me as I head to the contest to find out...What it Feels Like for a Girl...to...Vogue...in Toronto to the...Music...of the goddess known as the...Material Girl!!


No comments:

Post a Comment