Monday 5 September 2011

Dial M for Murdah!!!

Like my FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pigeon-Pose-Emotions/230206560392271

I was alone this weekend, not really...the kids and the dog where here too.  But no Todd. (I'm making a pouty face, I don't like being alone).

As usual, when I'm alone my imagination runs rampant (SHOCKER!).  It's not unusual for me to check the locks a few times before bed, and then get up again and recheck before I finally get to sleep. I have a butcher knife and bear spray in my room "just in case".  Although, I'm not really sure what I'd do with the knife, that's really too close for comfort with the burglar, and the bear spray...well, we all know somehow it would end up in MY eyes!

It's Friday night, night one without hubby, and the dog wakes up freaking out at 4am.  He scares the shit out of me and my first thought is.....ATTACKER!!!!  OMG....what do I do?!?  Do I get up and fight him to the death? Do I lay there and pretend to be asleep?  Do I yell for him to go away?  As I lay there envisioning my "self-defense" plea, I realize the dog is barking out the window in Jeremy's room.  Crisis averted....it's a cat. Not a cat burglar, just a random stray cat.  Phew....no need to defend my castle tonight!!

It's Saturday now, and I'm not scared!!  I've checked everything a gazillion times and I'm confident and secure. I don't need no stinkin' man to protect me!!!  ............omg, what was that noise?!?! I hear voices....lots of voices.  Men and women.  WTF??  Am I under attack?? Then I hear..."Oh what a night...late December back in '63".........ahhhhh....It's just the party-boat going down the harbour.  I forget sometimes how the noise travels on the water.  Phew....I'm good, no need to freak out.

Sunday.....it's 1:34am and I'm still awake.  Turns out too much coffee and an overactive imagination can mess with your head.  Plus I thought the kids were in the basement sleeping and it turns out they were just playing quietly (oops!).  They had built a fort a few hours ago, and I had told them to get to sleep as soon as they were done. Apparently I did not specify that it be within a reasonable time frame!  So now, I wait and wait, until the kids go to sleep so I will not be startled by them making noises!

Monday...Todd is home tonight. If anything happens I push him towards the bad guys and run for my life.  Screw the kids...they are old enough to fend for themselves!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment