Monday 19 March 2012

Gratitude

Check out my FB page!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pigeon-Pose-Emotions/230206560392271

I have a good job, with great benefits, and a select few awesome co-workers. You bitches know who you are, and yes that includes you Ron.
I love my new-found passion.....yoga. If I could move in with a teacher my life would be complete!
I have the bestest of friends who aren't afraid to be honest with me, and tell it like it is. For that, I will always be thankful.
I have healthy, happy, smart children, who often drive me nuts, but I wouldn't change them for the world.
I have a dysfunctional, but very lovable and fun mother. She made me "ME" and I love her for that.
My grandparents are my heart and soul.

For all of that I have gratitude.

My closest friends will know that my marriage isn't always perfect. Not even close.  We have had a few years, on and off, of pure torture.  My closest friends will also know that I'm not really one to air my super-dirty laundry either, especially in a public way. I'm not one to rush to change my FB status to "It's Complicated", even though it often is.  Right now, married life is not so easy, and while I contemplated keeping it all to myself, I decided it was best for me to just get it out.  Hubby probably won't be so happy, but meh, I'm not so happy right now either.

I will not go into to detail....frankly, it's not that juicy anyway, plus it ain't your business!!
All I want to really say, is life isn't always easy, it's not always cut-and-dry.  Not black and white, and definitely not simple. 

I can honestly say I don't know if I'll still be married by the summer, and it's pushing it to say we'll make it to Christmas.  If we don't make it, well...we'll be just another statistic...but I do not regret anything, nor do I feel that this has been a waste.  He's been my best friend since I was 15 years old, and that does not go away overnight. If I look back on this post in a year and things have changed, I will know that either way the right decision was made...for us...and for nobody else.

This is not a pity party, or a cry for attention. It's a reminder to myself that even though things aren't exactly ok right now...my heart is full of gratitude for the parts of my life that are.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. This makes me really sad, you are a fabulous person Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Wendy, life as a whole is hard and all you can do is live life for what it is. At the end of the day if you are true to yourself it all works out. I am always available for a chat/vent. I am glad that we have gotten to know each other and that I can call you a friend. Cheers and a hug (yes a hug) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that made me cry! Your words make me more and more proud that you are my daughter. I love you Wendy. MOMMYxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that you can look through/past/around the problems and see that this person is who you have known as a best friend for 15 years shows so much strength and wisdom. I'm sorry that you are having marital issues and I hope that in whatever way it works itself out, that you are happy and whole, and know that you are loved by so many people. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy just writing this makes you strong. No matter what, you will make it through and being honest will make it much easier to get through no matter what happens. Sorry you're not in the best of places with your hubby right now. 15 years, wow. Marriage is hard. Marriage is work. Nothing is all butterflies and rainbows.
    Lots of luv. Shona

    ReplyDelete