Friday 19 August 2011

Movie for Two

My cooking skills are not necessarily the greatest.  I do not like cooking, I hate the prep, the clean-up, and everything in between.  So it's not unusual for there to be take-out, or munchy foods (nachos, wings, etc).  For example, last night I was home alone so I ate an entire can of fruit salad....I sense the groans, keep them to yourself!!

So Wednesday our neighbors (the good ones) showed up on our deck at 5pm with a box of beer.  Of course, this peeked my husband's interest so there we sat until the beer was gone.  By now, my stomach is ready to eat itself, and it's already 8pm so there's not a chance that I am cooking anything. Groceries are lacking in the house right now because the kids are still in PEI.  I knew I needed food, and I needed it RIGHT NOW....I was not in the mood for McDonalds, or Subway...Wendy's has been played out, and KFC is really only for hangovers or period cravings.

Hmm, why not kill two birds with one stone (Ironic, cause I've literally killed two birds in the last month who just couldn't fly fast enough to get away from my car). So I suggest Movie Night!!! Popcorn for supper AND a romantic movie...how perfect!! 

We rush to the theatre so I can catch the movie I want to see.  Crazy, Stupid, Love.  Seems pretty perfect for us!! Todd's choice of Rise of the annoying movies with creepy monkeys....not so much. So I win.  Romantic and DEEP movie with a delicious supper of "buttery" popcorn and almond M&Ms.  I'm such a good wife....

We walk into the theatre and its EMPTY!!! Mind you, we were still 15 minutes before the movie started, but I was super pumped!  I hate crowded theatres, and there's always some annoying stupid teenagers who won't shut up and all you hear is "OMG, like NO WAY!!!! TOTALLY!! RIGHT!".   Yuck.

We line ourselves up perfectly with the centre of the screen (see below)...


Five more minutes go by...we're both getting excited! I've never been alone in a movie theatre before.
Then disaster.....two stupid teenagers, cell phones in hand, walk into the room.  Where do they sit??? (see below)...


Now seriously, is there a need for that?! Now, I'm not suggesting that ALL teenagers are stupid, or annoying.....just these two were.

It gets worse.....next come two older ladies....sure enough they aren't going to do the same thing....(see below)...


I shit you not.....true story.  Next group....family of four..... (see below)....



REALLY!?!?! COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'd rather sit in a crappier seat than squish myself in with a random group of strangers.  But I guess that's the price you pay for having the best seats in the house....

By the time the movie started there were about 20 or so people so it ended up not mattering who sat where, but it did ruin my changes of making out....besides, I'm too cheap now, if I'm paying $15.00 for a movie...I'm WATCHING the movie!!!
And yes....I'm that bored at work that I busted out a diagram for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment