Thursday 31 January 2013

Funky Town

Pigeon Pose Emotions Facebook Page

Guess who finally got a new computer!!!! I've been without for so long that my new MINI laptop seems HUGE in comparison to my iPhone.  Withdrawals ovah!

Hmmm, where do I begin? Back this train up to pre-Christmas. Life has been hectic and stressful and crazy.
But in the same breath, not really. Just weird.  And I suppose I've been in a bit of a funk.

Hubby and I have been on a path of ups and downs. In the stress of it all, we decided to bite the bullet and try to sort ourselves out health wise.  Needless to say,  our one little doctor's appointment to get blood work done has now turned us into vitamin popping, kale eating, documentary watching, sleep-obsessed machines.

We both have low vitamin D, I have low iron, he has high triglycerides, and we both have sleep apnea!!  **Convenient that the company who diagnosed us with this is private (ca-ching ca-ching), I'm still a bit skeptical**   It's been weekly appointments for one thing or another.  I may or may not have an ulcer, seriously, waiting for those results right now. If it's not an ulcer, it could be my ovaries, my appendix, or maybe I'm just constipated...says my doctor...can't wait for THAT test.

Anyway, sexy time now has to be planned because NOBODY, really...NOBODY...wants to do it like this...


Yeah...hot.

We are on a 30 day trial to see if the machines make a difference in our lives.  So far, not so much. I'm one week in, and I haven't noticed a change.  Maybe a wee bit more alert in the morning...maybe. We have an unspoken rule...if the mask goes on right away then it's sleepy time.  If the mask stays off, well lock the door!!

I've also pretty much given up TV.  Ok, really I've just moved on to Netflix, but still, I gave up most of my smut TV.  I haven't even seen the new Bachelor!! What?!?! Imagine!

I decided that I wanted to start watching more authentic shows, no crap, just good/decent shows.  Ok, really, with the exception of Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, and Scandal...but those are all educational in a way.  I now fully understand how to smuggle guns, cook meth, and sleep with the President (fingers crossed!!).

The one thing missing in my life is my yoga. I'm sad to say I haven't been going to class at all for months now. I've been to a few random classes, but that's really only cause I miss my FAV teacher Estelle so I have to get my fix from time to time! Otherwise, I'm so overwhelmed with "life" and it sucks because yoga is probably, ok definitely, what I need the most right now.  I'm just in such a funk. I want the cloud to lift so I can see the rainbow. 

Seriously, thank goodness for my friends, cause they are about the only thing keeping me sane right now. Ok...not quite sane, more like not-jumping-off-a-cliff-batshit-crazy. They've even brought me closer to my mission  of becoming a wino!  Ah...friends! All meltdowns can be cured by a good girls-night!




1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to ur upcoming girls night!!!
    Shona

    ReplyDelete