Monday 10 June 2013

Rollin' Down the Street


I took the long way home today, listening to my new fav song "Cruise"...so appropriate.  It's like I can find a theme song for all moments in my life.  Driving..."Cruise".  Sad..."Good Mother". Happy..."Happy". Sitting at home sipping wine..."Anything mixed by Norwegian Recycling". I have a song for everything...so needless to say, music rules my life and I always have it cranked in the car.

Best part of summer...cruising with the windows down, singing at the top of your lungs. Til you pull up to a red light and then clam up for fear of looking foolish. You sit there, eyes straight ahead, no movement...pretend like it's not your car blasting "Gin & Juice". Please don't make eye contact!! Please!!! I hope they didn't notice my fake microphone...

I don't know why I care what I look like to the stranger in the car next to me.  Oh right...anxiety. Ok whatever. The mission for the week is to just own it and keep bopping to the song regardless of where I am or who I'm beside. It's not like I'll ever see these people...unless it's a coworker who pulls up beside me but they already know I'm 50% crazy, 50% insane anyway so they are always judging me anyway. If you don't like hearing me sing "Like a Virgin" then just keep driving.  Unless it's a red light...then you should probably wait until it turns green.

If you chose to also accept the mission please let me know!





1 comment:

  1. teehee! I am EXACTLY like this (except, pigeon pose doesn't give me anxiety nor does it release emotions like everyone always said it would- it just hurts lol).
    i love singing in the car, and the best place to do it is in rural places where there aren't any traffic lights, but you have to drive slower than 100 cuz of the twisty rural roads (and thus, windows open is fine). :)

    ReplyDelete