Wednesday 27 July 2011

A good excuse to not do dishes!

I got my nails "did" yesterday....fingers and toes!! Oh-la-la!
First time trying out that in-and-out nail place at the mall. Ya know the one, with ROWS of chairs and men with masks!  (Why do they have to wear the mask??  My feet don't stink!)

So Mr. Fast and Furious Asian boy/man comes to get me for my pedicure...no mask, hmm...I think he likes me!
He directs me to my vibrating chair and just starts pointing at my feet and then the water.  Ah, it's going to be a sign-language day!  Obvious language barrier...but I don't care as long as he can point I can understand!

"Foot....water....there", Mr. Fast says. Ok, I get that.  A lady sits down next to me and she gets "foot...there".  Poor thing was so confused, so I filled in the blank..."water". 

Next comes what I can only describe as a removal of all layers of skin on my feet. No fancy, relaxing spa treatment here.  He pulls out an old fashion scrub brush and something that resembles an SOS pad.  Oh shit, this is NOT going to feel nice!  I will myself not to pee from holding in my laughter as it tickles like nobodys business.  Yoga-zen-mind control seeks in, and I frantically play solitaire on my blackberry.  Phew...first foot done!  By this time, the lady eyes have exploded as she's watching his scour my feet!  She knows it's her turn next and her knuckles are turning white from clutching the chair so hard.  Her "Mrs" grabs her foot and immediately this lady starts to LOL...really loudly. The nail-lady looks up and says "TICKLE!"...good for a laugh.

The rest of the pedicure was pretty normal, he even rubbed my legs...which at first I was like "OH NO!!!!"...but I'd just shaved the day before and he had gloves on so I chilled out. 

Next came the manicure, which he FORCED me to have...I swear Todd!  I said I wasn't sure if I had enough nail to work with (I'm a biter).  He grabbed my hand and said "That works" so off we went.  He filed, he clipped, he lotioned, and painted. The lady had also caught up to me and now she was getting her forced manicure as well.  (Its such a shame how they MAKE you do these things!!).  

I spent the rest of the night staring at my nails like a little toddler who was attracted to the "shiny".  I even sent Todd pictures, and waited, and waiting for a response telling me how awesome they are....hmm, shoulda thought that one out a little better maybe and sent the picture to Erica instead.

Now I'm in panic mode though...I really didn't think it through as I'm going away this weekend to PEI and we are getting family pictures done by the amazing Jill Hardy!! (http://www.jillhardyphotography.com/).  So why did I get my nails done on a Tuesday when I should have gotten them done on Thursday or Friday?!?  I don't want to touch anything for fear I will ruin it.  I was totally dumb and forgot to buy the same polish from the store for touchups.  I'm hoping Jill is a very good photoshopper and maybe she can color them back in again with magic?!!  I'm doing my best to not ruin them, but I feel like my paranoia is going to get the best of me and by trying to hard to not do anything that I will end up doing something.  I'm going to stay away from the dishes (ooh, so sad.), and I'm typing with the pads of my fingers instead of the tips (so slow!), and I guess I will just pray that these beauties stay nice til Saturday night!!  Or else I may be FORCED to go again....

No comments:

Post a Comment