Wednesday 20 March 2013

Did I Mention I Bought a House?!

Oh yeah...so I bought a house. I which I could say "We Bought a Zoo"....man, I love that movie!
But anyway....I bought a house!!!

See!!



Turns out buying a house is a wee bit stressful and costs A LOT of money. Who knew? Someone really should have told me the difference.  I mean we bought the house I'm in now, but that was like 8 years ago and I really think it's like giving birth, you forget about the pain the second the baby arrives....but then you get pregnant again, go into labour and you're all like OH MY FRIGGIN CRAP...why did I do this again?!?

Fees for this and fees for that, closing costs, down-payment and those dreaded lawyers. And don't even mention appointments and meetings...I haven't had three seconds to process it.

It also turns out that when you split your stuff up you end up needing to replace a lot.  Looking for donations of a couch and chair...if you have one or what to buy me one I'd gladly take it. Same goes for any dressers, bookshelves or patio furniture. I move in on the 28th, a week away, and at this rate I might be sitting on buckets for a while! If you come to visit me you might want to bring a pillow for your bum. You also might want to bring me wine...just sayin'.

The process of packing has begun, which I always love as it's de-clutter time!  I'm still on my less-is-more kick so as I pack up all the blue bags for donations it's a sigh of relief as it's less to unpack.  Do I need a thousand sweaters? Or a hundred scarves? Thanks, but no thanks. Bonus points if I can get the kids to do the same.  How many pairs of pants does one boy need?

The last few weeks have been hectic, the new few are sure to be the same. But I really am looking forward to the process of making it my new home!!

Pigeon Pose Emotions Facebook Page






1 comment: